Entries in home sweet home (67)
i'm really excited to share some more photos of our sweet little house with you in the coming weeks. the only room you won't be seeing many photos of is our master bedroom. it's just bleh. it's pretty empty and the only things in it are random, not quite right pieces from other phases of life.
i would love for our bedroom to be a retreat, and a warm, inviting place in our house. so, one of my projects this year is to update it a bit. the thing is, it's not going to take too much -- a lot of the pieces are elsewhere, and just need to be brought together. plus, you know i love a simple room! thought i'd be sharing some of the things that have been inspiring me.
1. i've never had a headboard/bed in my adult life -- always a mattress on a metal frame. so, seriously swooning over this bed, though it's likely way out of our price range, so still hunting!
3. we need a soft, cozy rug -- was going to do something neutral (but alas i always do that...) so might do something kind of fun. anyone have a favorite rug?
5. my sweet maid of honor gave us this frame, in ivory, for our wedding present. this is ridiculous, but it has been sitting on our floor!! soooo ready to get it up on the wall, above the chair below for a little reading nook. i love the ee cummings quote on it: "i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go, you go my dear)"
6. i have a great, old leather chair from college that i can't wait to bring to this room!
7. every good reading chair needs a cozy throw, i'm loving these from west elm -- hard to beat that price!
what am i missing?! excited to show it to you when it's all spruced up! xo
one of the many things i love about this house of ours is the wonderful front porch. trouble is, there's been no place to sit or gather since we moved in. well, that's all changing this weekend! we have two big white rocking chairs & a porch swing that will be taking center stage.
they hold the promise of lots of summer evenings on the porch with dear friends. because i can't resist making things a bit more cozy, i just snagged these two pillows from west elm (they're on sale!). plus i know we'll use them anywhere we move as they fit our navy life by the water oh so perfectly. our front porch doesn't quite look like that top photo, but a girl can dream...
are you doing anything to get your porch/yard/garden ready for summer?
i love these digs of ours & am really trying to be present these days. so, some small bits to share with you:
1. on a saturday afternoon, baby was sleeping & i managed to get a whole hour with a candle, some tea & this book (which i LOVE).
2-3. our living room remains my favorite room in the house, especially in the evening with candles lit.
4. these branches make it feel like spring is here.
5. sometimes i feel like i'm living groundhog's day with the laundry ... do you?
6. had some friends over for a baked potato bar -- it was so fun!
houses are always a work in progress, but i'm really loving ours these days & resting in that.
p.s. photos taken with instagram, you can follow me at tulipsandflightsuits!